Friday, August 12, 2011

My Coral Corset

Air tight and suffocate.
This is my coral corset.
I dressed in time for you to see,
How delicate a waist could be.

But your eyes traveled much too far,
Enough to excite dormant scars.

Running down the marble stairs,
I escaped into your tainted lair,
Where darkness grips and writhes in fear,
And the soul stirs and disappears.

The knell gets louder by every passing hour.
As I feverishly write in this desolate tower:
For them to know how vain it has been.
A masquerade I did parade.
For you to know how much you mean.
In riddles did I always speak,
I apologize for everything I've been.

On which side of eternity is my place reserved?
My heart questions; My mind unperturbed.
An eerie calm in the chaos,
Like charity sans any pathos.

A forewarning of what is to be.
On a flute accompanied by a tambourine,
The melancholy in the melody,
Rises above the clouds and beyond the trees.
What is to happen is closer than it seems.

I see unicorns on a carousel.
And I pray for another time.
Only to realize,
The wheels that turned,
Were in hands that weren't mine.

A thought. A whisper.
This has been the coldest winter.
I have always loved Orchids in purple.
Bring them to me. Be sure to remember.

The clock finally struck two.
My waist now bent,
And the knife stuck through,
My bloody coral corset.

No comments: