Sunday, June 12, 2011

Absolute or Nothing

This twine should be wound around nothing
This call must be left unattended.
That sliver must not chip.
Nor the paint ever peel.

If ever the page should tear.
Hand me crisps whose body, now bare.
And if ever walls do crack
Be ready to seal it back.

Because you require not pages,
Written in your honour,
Nor prayers that take hours.

For all the plays you presented
With effortless charm.
In every chapter you so staged;
I must now perform.
With all the knowledge you've vested,
And all the skill I've honed.
To put back in its place.
This perfect and unmoved,
Frozen state.

Nimble! Nimble!

You said it again!
While I sang to the rain.
Leaving your tenor on the altar
Your voice knew no strain.
But in unison,with me, they joined again,
Seraphims, resounding in glory
From Heaven's golden train.

Must it always empty so quick?
For the paint to stick on nothing,
And the calls to never pick?

But this is good.
And better will be soon.
For your vision will I still pray
That you may not stumble another day.
And thank whoever did warn,
Of pain that came unrequited,
With love.
..And it did haunt.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments: