Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hope

My heart's got strings....No kidding! It does...And they tug hard!...

Of late...something weird has been happening. There is a certain pressing need to apologize and I must. I'm reckless otherwise, at least recent records claim so...uggh!.. but there's a bug in my brain and I need to get it out.

 **I'm Sorry and I know it isn't enough. I will make it better. I have hope!**

**************************************************

But weirder still, SoulCity has been showing up everywhere. Something wants me to leave...for something that has been close to my heart but has never been that close...that.. i-really-must-do-this close!

...Faces, their hands and stories, beads and a book..and more.

 I know but I don't know ...! Like I said it is weird.  Maybe it is a phase.. maybe nostalgia.. Maybe! *sigh*

***************************************************

We are so blessed yet we take most things in our lives for granted. Like HH Dalai Lama said, and I agree in totality, We do live in a world, full of paradoxes. For every blessing poured into our lives, our acknowledgment of its receipt, comes with a razor-sharp critique when, all that we needed to do was be grateful. True, it isn't possible to always be happy (..that is just abnormal!) but do we really need to grumble about everything??

We look forward to Tomorrow because something Yesterday, was worth living for. So why do we take Today for granted?

I say this because I have done so. . .My degree of cynicism has often reached shameful heights that sometimes envelope a certain much-loathed creature called Callousness. Insensitivity is the worst pet anyone could breed, and with it you breed parasites!!

And often times, because of my shortsightedness, I only see this much.

But I have hope. I read this today - " ..And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts..." (Romans 5: 5)


...And there is so much and more to be thankful about.


No comments: