Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dear little heart shaped box

Dear little heart shaped box,

Find me a song, to hum it's tune.
Make the sunshine stay- dawn, dusk and noon.

Keep them safe, my secrets still.
Hide the notes, the ink and the pills.

Hand me maps to roads least trodden,
And keys for doors, waiting to be opened.

Fail not, all that is expected of you.
Courage, I hear, will see you through.

Speak to a doctor, a seer and a firefly.
And hush me silent when you hear me cry.
Teach me all that is there to know.
Hasten not, of me, to let go.

Search for words that hold all meaning.
Syllables, will I join, wringed of every feeling.

Morph my soul into fairy dust sprinkles.
Show me love from the star, that last twinkled.

And faithfully yours, will I ever be..
If you give me the moon and a song to sing.

No comments: